If you use OQRS, it's highly likely that Japanese, Chinese, Russian or other non-Western characters will appear in the address data for your QSLs.
You must configure PayPal to support this. Marios 5B4WN has prepared this video to explain how:
If you cant find the link, login to paypal and follow this link:
You need to use the UTF-8 format for your PayPal Instant Payment Notification (IPN) messages. Otherwise, when PayPal tries to send the payment notification using an encoding that is not native for your language, some characters will be unrecognizable.
- Log into your PayPal account
- Go to your profile
- Look for the “PayPal button language encoding” section under the My selling tools.
- You can find the language option in the following URL of your account (in case you cannot locate the menu item in your PayPal account):
- Make sure your website language is set to the correct language
- Click the more options button
- Make sure encoding is set to UTF-8
- Then save settings