The following is reproduced from RSGB News Sheet dated 1993-11-24. Note: this is not necessarily the view of ARRL:
"Bob Cox, K3EST, Contest Director of CQ Magazine has issued the following statement relating to
scoring contacts with "X5" stations:
1. Bosnia-Herz. is a recognized country by the UN.
2. Bosnia-Herz. is a recognized country by the DARC (WAE) + ARRL.
3. X5 stations are Serbian stations operating in occupied T9. They are not in the country YU.
4. X5's are not legally licensed by the T9 government. .~
5. X5 stations are stations operating illegally in the country of Bosnia-Herz. '.
6. Since X5 stations are NOT licensed by the T9 government, they are NOT amateur radio,'stations
and count for NO country or points. They are to be considered military or CB stations. -:
7. Therefore 0 credit."
Club Log maps all QSOs with X5 stations as INVALID.
Note: The term INVALID in Club Log only means that the QSO is not valid for DXCC.
This page may contain information that is the copyright property of a third party. Images or other material displayed on this page is done so for archival and reference purposes, and is not intended to infringe the rights of the owners. Where unattributed content is displayed, owners are invited to send attribution notes to Alan 5B4AHJ or, if they are the exclusive holder of the rights to the content, to ask for the content to be withdrawn from Club Log's archive. All other parties referring to archival content in Club Log are reminded to retain attribution notes and to obtain permission to use the content where appropriate.