I often access the cluster from a smart phone. Most of the good DX web sites are advertising and displaying graphics, with filtering tools etc. While this is excellent for regular internet use, it’s not really desirable on a phone interface. Also, page refreshing is often a hinderance!

I have written a very light DX Cluster web site with these problems in mind. It is able to detect common device screens (eg. iPhone) and is specifically designed to be extremely lightweight and simple. There are two versions:

http://dxlite.g7vjr.org/ - The DX Cluster, with unlimited storage


http://skimmer.g7vjr.org/ - Skimmer spots for the last 24 hours max.

Choose the site you want and then you can apply the following options. You can use HTTPS if you prefer, but no secure information is exchanged.

In my examples, I am using dxlite.g7vjr.org.

To get the output in XML:


To display the DXCC country info (as determined by Club Log):


To search in a particular band:


or for 6m up:


To search for a particular callsign (or prefix):


To specify how many results (default 50, maximum 500):



To see spots by, and about, a specific call, use spotter:


If you find the dx= flag too broad (because it uses sub-strings) you can try dxexact instead, eg:


To filter by the spotter (eg. “spots for VK9, from stations beginning with G”) use:


To filter by DXCC ID (as per the ADIF spec) use dxcc:


To filter by state (USA) use state - for example, to find spots for Idaho:


To filter out most FT4 and FT8 QSOs (but also inevitably filter some other modes on similar frequencies):


You can use most these arguments together, for example:


Lastly, as I like to follow CWOps members and FOC members online, I've added a filter for these clubs too:



Refresh has been removed from DXLite

I have had many issues with people loading and abandoning terminals with DXLite set to refresh, when added together, resulting in hundreds or even thousands of requests a second using up Club Log resources. I also regularly had to block users who wrote scripts trying to mine DXLite with high volumes of requests. 

This was never the idea behind this tool. It is not meant to be an API to the DX cluster. It is intended to be used interactively, loading once (or manually refreshed if required). Because of the issues this caused, I have removed the refresh option and implemented automatic firewalling of IP addresses that show signs of automation.

If you're looking for a DX cluster-like experience, where spots are loaded automatically, try DXHeat.com which provides an excellent service for that kind of purpose.